Comment on page
Userful uClient Adapter Setup
The Userful uClient Adapter is the versatile, powerful, cutting-edge client for the Userful Visual Networking Platform.
As of Userful 10.6, the Userful uClient Adapter is certified for the following use cases:
Userful uClient adapters paired to an On-Premise server currently do not support audio. This will be resolved in a near-future release.
Before You Begin:
Some important points to remember:
- Use either standard DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort or HDMI-to-HDMI cables when deploying the uClient adapters.
- Connecting the HDMI to a DisplayPort, or the DisplayPort to HDMI, even if using an approved cable, will not work.
For DVI connections, use an HDMI-to-DVI connection, DisplayPort-to-DVI is not supported.
- Connect the HDMI or DisplayPort to your display.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your LAN.
- Connect the included DC power supply.
- Press the Power button. If the light on the device does not turn blue, indicating the device has powered on.
- Connect a USB keyboard and mouse, to configure network settings if needed.
- Allowing the device to power on and start uClient before the network is connected may cause uClient to fail to establish a connection to Userful.
- Wireless connections are not recommended or supported at this time
The Userful application is pre-installed on the device, and will start on its own after the device is powered on. Once the application starts, it will ask you to pair it with a server.
To pair the application to a Userful Cloud server, the device must have Internet access. Log in to Userful Manager and enter the displayed pairing code.
To pair to an On-Premise server, the display will show up in Displays to be paired if it is on the same network as the server.
Once your devices are set up, move on to: