Comment on page
You can schedule content changes through Events. Userful Manager lets you create and manage as many Events as required.
- Navigate to the Events option present on the side menu.
- The following screen appears. Click on the Add Event option.
- The Select an Event Type option gets highlighted.
- By default naming convention for events starts as Event0. You can rename events using the Edit Events option.
- Click on the Select an Event Type option. The following drop-down menu appears.
- Load Preset:Use this option to recall a saved preset. You can schedule its occurrence using the Configure Schedule option.
- Power Save Displays:It disables signal output for all the clients and triggers the sleep mode for the displays.
- Wake-up Displays:It re-activates playback and displays.
- Power Off Server:It shuts down the sever and turns off the power. Note that scheduling a power-on time on the server must be done in the system BIOS.
- Start Source:It triggers a particular Source on a specified Display or Zone.
- Show Message:It displays a custom text message on the configured displays.
- Play Zone:It starts playing content for the selected Zone.
- Stop ZoneIt stops playing the content for the selected Zone.
- Load C&C LayoutIt recalls a saved Layout, as long as Command & Control is running. This is an on-premise feature only.
- Restart C&C SourceIt stops and re-starts the selected source inside the Command & Control. It is an on-premise option only.
To trigger an event manually, you have to set no schedule in order to create an event that can only be triggered manually, but you’ll most likely select some kind of repeat option.
- Hourly: This allows you to create events that trigger after a few minutes or up to an hour apart. As an example, you can create alternating Events by creating two events that run every 20 minutes and have one start 10 minutes after the hour. This schedule runs 24x7 by default but can be customized to skip certain days or only run during set times.
Daily creates an event that repeats at the same time of day, once a day. This works well for opening/closing times, transitioning from breakfast to lunch times, and more.
Monthly events occur once per month, on the specified day of the month, and at the specified time.
Annual events run once a year, at the specified date and time.
Finally, each Event has its own set of controls:
- Play this Event: It manually triggers the Event, no matter what else may be happening at the time
- Click to Suspend: It disables the Event from running on its schedule until re-enabled
- Click to Hide: It hides the Event from the Event Switcher interface, where otherwise any Event may be able to be triggered by the interface
- Delete: Deletes the Event.
Creating a pair of events that coincide with the opening and closing of a business. This business's hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM.
Creating Presets that we will trigger. Click the animation to zoom
- Create an event that triggers the Open Preset and schedule it for 8:00 AM every weekday.
Creating the Opening Event
- Finally, we create an event that triggers the Closed Preset and schedule it for 8:00 PM every weekday.
Creating the Closing Event
In this example, a Zone displays different sources on a 10-minute rotation.
- Create the first event, telling the selected Zone to play a set Source. We make this command repeat every 20 minutes, starting on the hour.
Creating the first Event
- Create the second event similar to the first except this runs every 20 minutes but starts 10 minutes past the hour.
Creating the second Event
The Events Preview on the right, confirms that we have created a sequence of events that will trigger a change every 10 minutes.