Userful Manager is a cloud-based management portal that allows you to connect to and manage all the Userful instances.
Userful Manager allows you to:
- Connect to and manage multiple Userful on-premise servers across several geographical locations.
- Create and manage instances of the Userful Cloud.
- Receive email alerts when systems go offline.
- Track your support and subscription status.
- For public computing deployments, track usage reports and manage to print.
It’s important to understand the differences between the different server architectures you will deal with in Userful Manager.
These are fully independent, physical servers installed within your corporate domain. Given access to the Internet, they will automatically connect to and register themselves with the Userful Manager. Once they are claimed by your account, they can be managed with the same level of control as if you were connecting to the management console over your local network.
These are created in Userful’s public data center and are controlled exclusively by the Userful Manager. These are video-controlling applications that interact with uClient-enabled adapters or smart displays over the Internet to deliver signage and video wall functionality. Though they are not technically virtual machines, you can think of them as VMs from an administrative point of view.