Comment on page
Users and Groups
Start by clicking on the Organization option in the menu bar on the left side of the screen. If you are using a smaller screen or mobile device, you may need to bring out the menu bar by clicking the Menu icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
You can create the following two types of account types in the Userful Manager:
- 1.Account Owner: This account type has the ability to create additional accounts and has full access to all the servers in the Userful Manager.
- 2.System Admin: This account does not have the ability to invite or manage users. If Groups are set up, they will have full access to each server assigned to their group.
- Click on the Organization option.
- Click on the Invite Staff Member option to create and send email invites to additional users as needed. There is no limit to the number of users you can create.
- Invited users will receive an email invitation to set up their own logins and passwords.
- Once accounts are created, users can configure their details in the Account Settings, and the system administrator will receive an email informing them that the user has accepted the invitation.
- The Send Me Email Notifications option will include the user in any server alert notification.
- Account Owners can manage users, groups, and invites from the Organization tab.
By default, all Users and Servers exist in the Manager as part of the Organization, but without a Group. All servers are visible to all users. Account owners can create groups of both users and servers to restrict access to servers as needed.
Account owners are unaffected by group settings. Their access supersedes any group settings, and they will see all servers in the organization. Any users assigned to groups should be created with a System Admin account type.
- Navigate to the Organization option in the left-side menu.
- Click on the Manage Groups option.
- Click on the New Group option and enter the name of the group.
- Click on the Create Group option and the group will appear in the list.
- You can now manage users and servers, and add them to the group.
- Click on the Manage Group option. Manage the users and servers in the Group by clicking on the Users or Servers option.
- Once finished, the system admin users who log into their accounts will see the servers assigned to their group. Note that the account owner will always see all users and servers.
- When a group is deleted, the users return to the default view.
- Servers must be manually removed from the group before the group can be deleted. They also return to the default view.
This is a visual representation of the account structure with two users, three servers, and one Group.
In this example:
- User 1 has access to everything in the organization, including user administration.
- User 2 has access to every server in the organization, but not user administration.
- User 3 has access to only Cloud Server 2 and On-Premise Server 1.
- If the Example Group is deleted, everything becomes part of the base organization.
Account Settings allows you to manage your passwords and trusted login locations.
Userful Manager uses IP-based two-factor authentication. When logging in from a new public IP address, you will receive an email notification with a one-time authentication code and a prompt to enter that code. This code is not case-sensitive
Trusted login locations: Use this to manage your saved locations. Userful Manager stores only the most recent 5 locations, and deletes the oldest when a sixth login location is verified.
In addition to IP-based 2FA, Userful Manager accounts can only have one active login at a time. Any new logins are logged out of the previous sessions.