Comment on page
Public Computing How-To
Most changes made here take effect immediately, and will cause active user sessions to reset or restart. It is strongly recommended that any actions be done outside of normal operating hours.
Click the animation to zoom in
Creating Opening and Closing events
You can also add a warning message that will display on all screens before closing.
Adding a warning message
To create schedules for weekends or different hours on different days, create a set of Events for each kind of day.
For example, if your hours of operation are:
- M-F: 8 AM to 8 PM
- Sat: 9 AM to 5 PM
- Sun: Closed
Then you would create an additional set of Events for Saturday:
Adding a Saturday schedule
Repeat this for any days of the week that have different operating hours. Any days that are not open can be left off since the system will be closed at that time.
In the Control Center, go to the Events tab. Edit your event times, and click OK. Remember to change any messaging events accordingly, and to do this on all of your servers at once.
Changing the closing time from 9 to 8PM
Follow the same steps as above in Userful Control Center.
In Pre-Book's Machines and Locations section, update the operating hours for the Location. This only needs to be done once per Location.
Making the same adjustment in Pre-Book
Editing the Session Management Profile. Click the animation to zoom
Pre-Book can be set to only allow a certain number of logins per day. This setting is made in the individual policy - if you have multiple policies to apply this to, they should all be updated.
Changing a Reservation Policy to allow only one login per day
Click the Source you want to change. Update the URL on Home Page and click OK.
- 1.Click the 3-dot menu in the Source and Edit the Session Management Profile.
- 2.Click the arrow next to the Filter Name near the bottom, and Edit the Filter.
- 3.Add a new line (Enter) to the White List and enter the domain for the site you want to allow, for example youtube.com.
- 4.Click OK, then OK again, and again once more, to return to the Control Center.
- 5.Click Apply.
Adding an entry to the White List
- 1.Click the user's Display.
- 2.Find the Extend Time field.
- 3.Enter a positive number (5) to add time, or a negative number (-5) to remove time
- 4.Click Extend.
Extending a Patron's Session
- 1.Choose the Source you want to change the Login method and click on the 3-dot menu to the right
- 2.Select the Session Management Profile and click Edit
- 3.Change the Login Method from the drop-down menu as per your requirement.
- 4.Click OK and then Apply to make the changes take effect immediately.
Changing the Login Method
Creating the Group
Then create a User, and assign it to that Group.
Creating the User
That user account can now be logged into and will have access to the necessary functions.
Staff User logging in
- 2.Click on the Printer icon at the bottom of the card to open Print Profiles
- 3.Click on the Edit button to open the Print Profile Menu of the Printer you desire to change the cost.
- 4.Enter the cost/page as per your requirement and click Save.
Editing Cost Per Page
Adding new Apps
New Apps Added
- Click the Source you want to add to.
- Click the Add URL option. Give it a name and copy-paste it to the address.
- Click OK, and OK again.
- Click Apply.
Link added. The icon is imported automatically
To remove links, click the Source, select the URL you wish to remove, then click the X to the left of the list. Click OK, then Apply.
- 1.Click the Cloud Desktop Source you wish to change.
- 2.Open the Desktop Background menu and select the image you wish to use.
- 3.Click OK and apply the changes.
Changing the Desktop Background
Custom backgrounds can be uploaded to the
/usr/share/backgroundsfolder in JPG or PNG format.
Individual sessions of Chrome or Firefox can be made to display larger/smaller text by holding
Ctrland either pressing
-on the keyboard, or scrolling with the mouse wheel.
If you want to create a station that is more accessible to those with vision impairments, we suggest adjusting the display resolution to a lower value - for example, if you have a
1920x1080screen, try setting it to
Adding launcher icons for whatever resources you wish is nice and simple!
Adding a link to a website can be done in a few clicks
Adding links to PDFs can be done the same way.
At the end of tax season, simply delete the links from the Source.
- Log in to the Admin Desktop using your admin account.
- Navigate through the file browser to var > source-content.
- Copy the content to the external hard drive or USB.