Comment on page
Click on the Open Control Center icon to expand your view of the server. The box expands to show the Userful Control Center and various shortcuts at the bottom of the screen.
Each marked function is a shortcut to different management aspects of the server. Take some time to click each and familiarize yourself with them. Note that clicking some icons a second time will open their respective applications in a new browser tab.
There are a few functions and shortcuts available for servers in the Userful manager.
Userful Manager backups will back up just about every setting of a Userful server, including:
- Mapping configuration (sources, mirror groups)
- Video wall calibration and zones
- Command & Control sources, and their own sources and saved layouts
- Resource groups, user accounts, and user groups
- Many settings such as failover, file transfer settings, etc.
Some items are not backed and need to be addressed manually after a reinstall or replacement of the server
- System user accounts still need to be re-created at the initial setup
- Content files for Signage Player sources
- IP addresses for network interfaces need to be set after a reinstall
- Failover groups should be checked
- Video walls will retain calibration and space settings, however, the display numbering may need to be re-set as endpoint devices (uClient, Zero Client) may not have connected and enumerated themselves in the same order
Using backups across different versions of Userful carries risks. While we make every effort to test the compatibility of backups from previous versions, issues are always a possibility. If you are upgrading by several versions (for example, from Userful 10.2 to 10.5) then it is recommended to run a system update rather than reinstall and restore from the backup.