Walk through the process of configuring your server hardware, IP settings, and zero clients.
Use this guide to configure the on-premise servers. Cloud servers are managed in the Userful Manager.
Prerequisites required for Userful server setup:
- Mount and power all the displays.
- Complete standard display installation procedures (RS232 daisy-chaining). Ensure the IR receiver is connected, and check the alignment of the physical display.
- Active network drops are run to each display or client.
- You are using a server purchased directly from Userful, therefore no OS installation, testing, or licensing is required.
- Check if the Userful server is available for configuration, either in a temporary position or installed in the rack, with a temporary keyboard, mouse, and monitor attached to it.
When configured, network connections with internet access allow Userful support staff to assist you remotely.
Userful Setup Guide - ON-PREMISE - v4.4 August 2021.pdf
Download the PDF of this guide here
Userful server appliances purchased directly from Userful are:
- Installed with the latest version of Userful OS at the time of shipping.
- Installed and configured with devices such as capture cards, adapters, and GPUs.
- Installed with licenses.
- Tested for Burn-in tests.
Enterprise and Professional+
Userful Professional+ and Enterprise appliances omit the dedicated onboard video and come with additional network adapters.
Userful Professional+ servers come equipped with a Quadro RTX 5000 GPU and two 4-port, 4K-capable HDMI capture cards or two 4-port, 1080p-capable SDI capture cards that include SDI-to-HDMI adapters.
Userful Professional+ Appliances
Userful Enterprise servers come equipped with a Quadro RTX 6000 GPU and two 8-port, 1080p-capable SDI capture cards that include SDI-to-HDMI converters.
Userful Enterprise Appliances
Both onboard network adapters have identical performance. Connect either of the adapters (but only one) to your corporate network. The 10GB adapter must serve a separate or isolated network segment that connects to the client devices. However, Do not connect this adapter yet since the second adapter serves as the network for the Userful adapters that connect to the displays.
- 1.Temporary USB keyboard and mouse.
- 2.Temporary display (DisplayPort compatibility required).
- 3.Network drop from the corporate LAN to the onboard network adapter.
Userful Standard Appliance
Userful Standard servers come with one Onboard 1GB (1000Mbps) network adapter and one additional 1GB (1000Mbps) network adapter. The additional adapter serves as a separate or isolated network segment that connects to the client devices. However, Do not connect this adapter yet since the second adapter serves as the network for the Userful adapters that connect to the displays. Both adapters are identical in performance, but it is recommended to connect the Onboard adapter to your existing corporate network in case external monitoring tools or functionality are desired, such as Wake on LAN.