Comment on page
Server and General UCC Troubleshooting
Occasionally you may encounter errors related to loading UCC, login issues, or error codes.
Follow the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Clear your browser cache: Press
Ctrl+ Shift+ Delete. This opens a new dialog in your browser. Close all the open tabs and try UCC again in the new one.
- Reboot the server: Select the reboot option either from the manager (3-dot menu) or by long pressing and releasing the power button on the server itself. It's configured to shut down after a few seconds, or 2-3 minutes at most.
- Check for updates: If you can access the UCC through an onboard display or over the local LAN, there may be a software update necessary to maintain connectivity with manage.userful.com.
Userful On-Premise servers require both an active subscription and connectivity to Userful in order to download and install updates. If your subscription is not active, you will simply see the System is up to date message. Contact [email protected] to process a renewal. If your system cannot contact the update servers, you will see the following message.
If your subscription is up to date and there are no connectivity errors, there may be an issue with the system's update configuration or you may be trying to update from an older version of Userful. Contact Userful Support for assistance.
The TURN protocol is used by the Userful cloud and on-premise servers to enable the upload of content to Userful through the web browser and live streaming from any connected webcams. Servers check connectivity to
3478, and if they do not find it, they show the error:
If your system has no Internet connection, click on the Hide option and the error will not reappear. If your system does have Internet connectivity and this message is appearing, it only means that your system is unable to connect to
3478and you may not be able to upload files to it via the Userful Manager. If things are working well for you otherwise, then there's no need for concern.
- Not Currently Licensed: This is a standard message from a server that doesn't have an installed license. Licensing is normally done through Userful Manager. If your system has no Internet connection, contact Userful to obtain an offline license file.
This error is shown when the server has an active connection to the Userful Manager (formerly known as Userful Cloud) but registration has not been completed. Note that Registering your server is optional, but recommended.
If you see this message, you have assigned more Zero Client or uClient devices to your server than your license allows. If you are seeing this after replacing a device, try deleting the old device from the Mapping page to fully remove it as a licensed display from the system.
Once removed, the number of displays will be accurately counted again.
A removed device can be deleted by clicking the X
On-premise servers powering uClient devices must have a certified Quadro GPU installed in order for Nvidia offload to work and the server to deliver content efficiently, otherwise CPU encoding will be used, which is not optimal and will cause performance and stability issues.
If you have a USB webcam attached to the server and it is not launching or showing video in UCC:
- Check the model to ensure it advertises compatibility with a Linux system. Most models do.
- Ensure there is no firewall between yourself and the Userful server that is blocking port
3478to connect to